Veils come in any length you want. The best way to choose a length is to get your wedding dress first and figure out what length will work best with the dress you’ve chosen. Here are the basic terms and what they mean:
- Blusher – the part that goes over your face.
- Flyaway – brushes the tops of your shoulders.
- Shoulder length – hangs to shoulder blades.
- Elbow length – hangs to elbows.
- Waist length – hangs to bottom of waist.
- Hip length – hangs to three inches below the hip bone.
- Fingertip length – hangs to the tips of your fingers.
- Knee length – hangs to the back of the knees.
- Floor length – just brushes the ground.
- Chapel length – slight trailer, average is about nine feet long.
- Church length – longer trail, roughly 10’6″ long.
- Cathedral length – 12 feet long.
- Royal length* – 15 feet long.
For lengths depending on body proportions, I’ll work with you to ensure your veil hits exactly where you want it to when you’re standing proud and happy on your special day!
*Please let me know if you are, in fact, royalty! I’ll need to brush up on my royal etiquette.